by Joyce Chu
- Every year, there are more than 100 million animals used for cosmetic testing.
- According to their website, Lush, a handmade cosmetic company, has been fighting against animal testing for over 30 years. The ingredients in their products are all cruelty free.
- There are many other ways to test cosmetics rather than testing them on animals such as using a 3 dimensional human skin model.
- These methods are shown to be more time efficient and cheaper compared to animal testing.
- Many other companies still choose to test their products on animals. M.A.C , a cosmetic company owned by Estée Lauder, is widely known for not being cruelty free
- Animals are used as test subjects because many of them are very similar to human beings in many ways. They have the same organs and organ systems that perform in the same way.
- Many people approve of animal testing because they think it is better to test on them instead of humans.
- To check if a product is cruelty free you can go on peta.org