By Nadja Green
Meatballs stuffed with pills have been found by a dog walker in San Francisco. Last July, one dog died and another dog became ill after eating meatballs filled with rat poison found on a city sidewalk. Police never found the person responsible. Now, it seems that there is someone trying to poison pets again.
The meatballs were found in the open space off of a popular walking path in the Sunset district at 24th and Ortega. Gail Secchia, the woman who found the meatballs, told KTVU “I think it’s sick, just horrible. I’ve been walking my dog here for 30 years.”
The pills, as well as the meatballs, are currently being tested. No animals have been injured. Police are not sure of the intentions behind lacing the meatballs, but they warn San Francisco residents to look out for more meatballs and to call a local police department immediately if more are found.